Are you considering building a home in 2019? This holiday season give yourself the gift of relaxation. No, we are not talking massages and spa treatments. We don’t deal in hot stones or soft robes, but in lumber and drywall. At Silverpoint Homes we deliver you an exceptional home at a great price. However, what is frequently overlooked is the value of our process.
Home building, just like the holiday season, can come with multiple stresses that can distract and sometimes detract from the ultimate goal. Here is a list of eight ways that building with Silverpoint Homes can create an easier, less stress-filled, more joyful homebuilding process:
- Less weather problems. The primary construction of your home is done off-site and the day your house is set on your property it will be dried in to protect it from harmful exposure to the elements.
- Less weather delays. Although delays from weather can never be avoided entirely, less work done on site inherently means less delays from weather. This means less stress, less time, less money.
- More inspections, less problems. Our homes all have to pass on site inspections to state and local codes like any traditional home build. In addition, each our homes will pass over three hundred factory inspections.
- Less material damage and theft. With the majority of your home completed off site, costs are reduced by minimizing losses to material damages and theft when they are not stored for long periods of time on your job site.
- Better efficiency. In a typical build process, the foundation has to be completed before you can begin framing or any other work on the home itself. At Silverpoint Homes we will be on your site working to complete your foundation while your home is being built at the manufacturer.
- More organized. Offsite building techniques allow for a more streamlined, more repetitive building process that limits surprises and headaches associated with on-site methods. Think about it; Would you want your car built on site in your driveway exposed to the elements? Of course not. The same principle applies to systems build construction. A more efficient and organized process yields better quality and less headache for you as the homeowner.
- Less worries. Confidence in the structure of your home will ease your mind. Modular homes typically use over twenty percent more lumber and have to be built soundly to endure the stresses of transportation. Whether it be 2” x 6” exterior walls, more hardware for roof, floor and wall attachments or glued headers and footers, each module is built significantly stronger than typical site-built homes. A home frequently has to stand up to severe weather and modular construction does: FEMA assessment teams following Hurricane Andrew in Florida have concluded that modular homes withstood the storm “far better” than site-built housing. “Overall, relatively minimal structural damage was noted in modular housing…the units appeared to have provided an inherently rigid system that performed much better than conventional residential framing. This was evident in both the transverse and longitudinal directions of the modular buildings,” according to the report. (“Building Performance: Hurricane Andrew In Florida,” publication FIA-22, item 3-0180. Get your free copy by calling 800-480-2520.)
- Less time. Frequently a home built entirely on site can take six, nine months or even a year or more to design and complete on your site. We frequently see three to four months on site for many of our builds. This means less stress AND less interest payments to the bank on your construction loan.
Skip the long, arduous process of building a one hundred percent site-built home this holiday season and use the time you save completing your project to enjoy your next holiday in a new home! Let Silverpoint Homes finish your home seamlessly and leave you with more time for loved ones around a blazing fireplace, more moments in your new dining room full of food and friends or relaxing mornings in your cozy living room with your kids and your dog.
To get started contact a home consultant today! Each consultant is available to guide you through the building of your dream home from start to finish. They will make things as clear and smooth as possible, and will answer any questions you may have.
If you want more information please visit our website at www.silverpointhomes.com or even better visit your local model center and sit down with one of our experienced consultants.